Thursday, January 15, 2009

36 Weeks and Counting!

Well, here I sit just a day shy of 37 weeks and I am a bit excited and a bit nervous. Excited, because I may actually have my baby girl in my arms sooner than February 2nd. Nervous, because if she does decide to come early, I just hope we are prepared enough to make it to the hospital in time. I have a habit of delivering my babies fast, which scares me when the hospital is 45 minutes away on a good day. I had my 36 week appointment today. A little late considering I'll be 37 weeks in a little over a day. At that appointment we found that I am already dilated to a 2 almost a 3 and 70% effaced. I know not such a big deal when people walk around dilated like that for several weeks. It is however, a big deal for me when I have never been dilated this much this early! Also, I have been having a lot of contractions recently. Nothing that would send me to the hospital but apparently it's enough to get things moving. So, I guess I better stop procrastinating and get my hospital bag packed just in case. No matter what pans out in the next couple weeks, I can certainly look forward to holding our new little girl by February 2nd, which is the date we've scheduled for my induction. We'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Joey Clements said...

You'll be holding your baby girl so soon, I can't believe it! I hope she gives you enough time to get to the hospital! I'm excited for you and can't wait for more updates! =)

Amanda said...

Ahhh! It's so close! I can't wait to see pics and hear what you've chosen to name her. I hope it all goes well for you!

Jodi Loveland said...

Good luck!! We are worried about making it to the hospital in time too. Ours is an hour away depending on traffic and I deliver quickly too. Derek is so worried about having to deliver twins on the side of the Beltway.
Don't eat any pineapple! I had never heard this before, but I guess the juice of a fresh pineapple supposedly induces labor. I heard one of the other patients talking about it when I went in for my stress test on Tuesday. I found it quite interesting since I had eaten fresh pineapple on Saturday night and ended up having contractions all day on Sunday and almost had to go in. So Derek said no more pineapple for me. :)

The Gould Family said...

Yay! Its happening soon!!! I can't wait to see her and hear her name... you guys have such cute babies!

ashley said...

Good luck with everything Charissa!I can't wait to see her!