
So over the last year or so Thad and I have been focusing on getting our food storage together. Thanks to my friend Ashley Peterson, I learned how to use coupons to my advantage and have found some great steals on items we have stocked up on. Well, as we get into this more and more we decided we wanted to be brave and try canning. So of course, we tried something easy first. We made some strawberry freezer jam and it is so yummy! It was so easy, we will definitely be doing more of this in the future. We are also setting a goal to actually can something more like peaches, pears and applesauce next year. I say next year because the season is running out and we don't really have time set aside for us to do that this year. But if we set a goal for next year, we will be able to plan some time where we can do this. I am excited and can't wait to keep learning and doing more things I never in a million years thought I would do!











2 comments:
I canned some apple pie filling this weekend--and am planning to can some more today, along with applesauce. I started canning because my SIL gave us fruit/veggies and taught me how to do it. It feels so good to see those jars when you're all done!
Just one side note--it looks like you have one of those glass top stoves. I've heard that canning on them can cause the stove top to crack. So, make sure to check your owner's manual before you start canning on it.
Thanks for the warning Amanda! I will definitely have to check before doing any canning!
Post a Comment