Well, this morning marks the first (of many, I'm sure) battle of the underwear. Now I'm not talking ordinary underoos and panties, no I'm talking about undershirts. When it gets colder outside I require my children to wear undershirts to help keep them warm and healthy through the winter months. Well, I had a flashback this morning to a book I loved to read as a child. It was authored by Judy Blume, and I can't for the life of me remember the title. I do remember however, the story involved the fear of a young girl getting caught wearing long underwear her mother forced her to wear when it got cold outside. She was more scared of being made fun of by her peers.
Well this morning as I got Mason ready for school, and Malia ready for the day we had a little disagreement over whether to wear the undershirts or not. I told them they needed to dress warmly and I, in turn, received excuses like "it doesn't feel right" or "it's too big". Wow! Who would have thought I'd be receiving opposition all ready?! As you know moms win out and my kids are wearing their undershirts. Now considering it was cool and rainy this past weekend, I thought I had a good case, but as it turns out now that I check the weather report, it is supposed to be quite warm today. So my children could have been spared another day without having to wear the dreaded undershirt and I could have saved the battle for another day. Oh well, I guess it will help them get used to wearing them for the next 6 months!
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago











2 comments:
My Sister is a librarian so just out of curiosity I asked her about the book so you could know the name and this is what she said:
"I am pretty sure it is not Judy Blume it is Beverly Cleary and the book is Ellen Tebbits."
Just thought you might like to know. :)
Thank you for clearing up my title/author confusion Jodi!
Post a Comment