Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our funny Sunday!

Today, Thad and I had several laughs because of our children and the funny things they do and say. I wanted to get them written down before I forgot them.

First of all before I tell you about the first funny thing, I need to give a little background. We live on the outskirts of Caldwell, in the country. They are developing land quickly out here, and there are many new neighborhoods among all the farmland. So along with our neighborhood and school, our church is in the country. Well, as we were arriving at church and getting out of the car, Malia and Thad had a very enlightening conversation that went something like this:

Malia: "Ew! It stinks out here!"

Thad: "That's the cows. Don't they smell lovely?"

Malia: "No they aren't."

It was too funny because she said it so matter of factly and in an "I really don't love them" sort of way. She was too cute.

Then as we were singing the opening hymn for Sacrament, Thad and I were sitting on opposites sides of the pew so as to contain the kids. Well we each had our own hymnbook and were singing along. Malia decided that she needed to sing too and got her scriptures out and opened them up and started singing, very loudly I might add, nonsense words. Thad and I had to try really hard not to bust up laughing right there in Sacrament.

Then as the sacrament was being passed, Makai decided he would shove goldfish crackers and pretzels into the hymnbooks. I'm not sure if he thought they were good bookmarks or if he was putting them there for the next ward to enjoy. Either way it was pretty funny!

As our children grow and learn we begin to see the world in their eyes and get a lot of enjoyment from the things they learn and do!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey Charissa. I hope you don't mind, but I stumbled upon your blog while looking at Brecca's. I love your background, very cute. If all else fails (visiting teaching-wise) at least I can look at this and know how you're doing. Just kidding! We'll try to get to you this month, keep your fingers crossed.

Sarah said...

that sounds like a very fun filled sunday indeed! lol! keeping you on your toes! and i'm sure the next ward fully appreciated the thoughtful goldfish crackers. :)

i drove through caldwell once on a business trip. had a clinic out there. i don't know how i didn't get lost!