Friday, May 2, 2008

Spring has sprung!

Some of you that know me know I come from a lineage of green thumbed people. My Grandmother on my dad's side was a florist for many years and has an ability to grow flowers and plants really well. Then there's my dad who's yard always looks amazing and beautiful with the wide array of vegetation. I also have a few aunts who love to garden and have some great yards or so I've heard.

Well, when we bought our house Thad and I really wanted to do something wonderful with our yard. We wanted to landscape it well and make it beautiful...our oasis. So with a lot of hard work, inumerable plants and many yards of dirt and rock later we have our retreat from the world. Many people have asked us if we had it done professionally which I feel is a great compliment to the work we have done. Granted we have had to change a few things with some plants/trees dying on us and the fountain being turned into a disappearing waterfall after Makai's mishap, but it still is so beautiful. I always love the Spring and watching all of our hard work come to life. Within the past week it has done just that. Here are some pictures of the beauty contained within our yard.


Our tree in our front yard loaded with blossoms!

Our sand cherry...this is Thad's favorite!African Daisies

The only surviving flower out of a group I planted 2 Springs ago

Creeping Phlox


Blossoms on our flowering Crabapple

Apple blossoms

Bleeding heart

3 comments:

The Gould Family said...

what beautiful landscaping!!

Jessica said...

You're giving me some awesome ideas for my yard. It's beautiful. Now we need a picture of the whole yard :)

Phelps Family said...

I'll see what I can do to get some full pictures of my yard for ya Jess!