Monday, April 21, 2008

Update...

I know that I haven't posted much in a while. That is mostly due to the fact that I have been very ill. After Mason brought home "the crud" I managed to catch it and it turned into a horrible sinus infection and bronchitis. So needless to say I have only been doing the necessary things to keep things running here at home. And thanks to a wonderful husband for helping out as well!

So here is an update on what is happening with the Phelps family at this time. We have all been recovering from various stages of "the crud" Mason was so kind to bring home and share. On top of that we have been in the process of getting Malia ready for her dance recital next month. She is now having an extra lesson each week and loving it! We also just put together a report on marine mussels for her preschool and she did a wonderful job presenting it. As of today she has one month left of preschool before summer break.

Mason has been spending time with friends and is waiting to start T-ball next month. He can't wait to use the new baseball mitt Grandma Kay and Papa Gene got him. I'm not sure why the season is starting so late and I'm not looking forward to games in the hot summer weather but it will still be fun to watch him play. He has a little over a month left of school before he gets out for summer break.

On top of all the planning for summer, the kids are talking about birthday parties. I'm not sure where they got the idea they were having them but that's what they're talking about. I guess we'll have to see if we can make that happen.

I am still entrenched in telephone triage at the hospital and doing Scentsy. I am hoping my Scentsy business will pick up and I can finally quit my "day" job. I love being a nurse but I really like being able to dictate my own schedule and to work from home. To be my own boss all the time would be wonderful. But until Scentsy brings in what I make as a nurse I'll have to continue on this path. I was also recently called as the Achievement Days leader for our ward. It was nice having a little break and I'm so excited to dig into this new calling and have fun getting to know the girls in the ward.

I am also still in the process of getting our yard whipped back into shape. The weather hasn't exactly been cooperating and before I got ill I was able to get some weeding and pruning done but I am getting a little anxious to get it finished so we can enjoy it's beauty.

Thad is busy with work at BB&B, nothing new there! He is also helping to plan a Heleman's Academy for the Stake Young Men. They will be camping out some time in June and teaching the young men about preparing for missions. I know he is looking forward to it. Me, I am not since he won't be here for 3 days of craziness.

Makai is growing ever so much. He is talking like crazy and learns a new word everyday it seems. He is certainly talking more than either of his siblings at this age. He is also 18 months now and ready to go to nursery. When we're all feeling better he will finally get to go.

I think that is all the excitement for our family right now. There is never a dull moment in our home, that's for sure. We hope you are all doing well and enjoying better Spring weather than we have had.

No comments: