Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

"Be careful what you wish for,
Cause you just might get it all."
(Daughtry "Home")

Back in December Mason kept telling me how much he wanted it to snow. I told him that would be a lot of fun so they could play in the snow. Back at that time I figured our winter this year would be like the winters in the past couple years where we wouldn't get very much snow and when it did snow it would melt away that same day. So I mentioned to some friends how much I wanted it to snow if only so my children could enjoy playing in it. Well, I guess I should have thought better of what I was asking for...this is what we woke up to this morning. It is still snowing and we'll probably get another snow day tomorrow if it keeps up.




This is just after shoveling the driveway this morning. It didn't even look like we shoveled.

Now some of you may be thinking this is no big deal, but it is when you're not used to getting this much snow! We have been getting quite a bit of snow this season which will hopefully help with the drought situation here in Idaho. The kids of course are excited and can't wait to try out their new sled Thad bought them. So just remember, be careful what you wish for!

1 comment:

The Gould Family said...

haha, so true! I didn't even wish for all this snow and still it came. I guess its what Idaho needs for the drought thing, like you said, but its still not fun to live in, especially being from the east where it snows like this maybe once every five years and melts in less than a week! lol.