Saturday, December 8, 2007

It's that time of year!

It's that time of year when the stores are decked out in holiday style, homes are lit up with lights and trees, the smell of baked goodies is in the air, and everyone is hustling and bustling to get their shopping done and cards in the mail. This year I feel I'm off a bit...feeling a little behind in getting my holiday "stuff" done. My to do list is full and there's only 17 more shopping days left. Amongst all of that I feel at peace. I don't feel stressed that my Christmas cards aren't done yet, or that my Christmas decorations are still sitting in their respective boxes in the garage. I am just trying to enjoy this time of year for what it was meant...to reflect on Jesus Christ and all he did for us...for me! I hope we can all have a wonderful Christmas and take time to enjoy the happiness of the season.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It looks like you guys have had some fun family time recently! I hope that the season calms down for you a little--at least for a day or so--and you're able to feel and enjoy that Christmas spirit.