Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a wonderful day to reflect on what we have and to show thanks for all that we have been given. The holidays are always difficult for me as I long to be home with my family, watching movies, playing games, and enjoying their company. I however chose a profession that requires me to work during the holidays. On those special days that I do have to work, instead of feeling sorry for myself that I have to work on the holiday, I try to remind myself of all that I have and how being a nurse can help me to bless others' lives. I can provide a service that not many people can. Besides, I'm sure the patients I am helping don't necessarily choose to be or want to be sick...I'm sure they want to be healthy and at home with their families too.

So as we embark on yet another wonderful holiday season may we all remember why we celebrate and reach out beyond ourselves to help and comfort those in need of it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: