Have you ever had one of those days where it just seems to start off bad and nothing goes right? I'm sure most of us have and I am definitely having one of those days today. First, Malia needed to be to preschool at 8:30 this morning. That's not too hard to do right?! Wrong! I am definitely not a morning person and need some help making sure I get up on time. So I set my alarm to go off by 7:00 so I would have plenty of time to get myself and the kids ready to go. Well as my luck would have it my alarm didn't go off and I woke up at 7:50. Now when I am supposed to be walking out the door at 8:00, 10 minutes is definitely not enough time to get everyone ready. I was willing to blame my waking up late on my alarm clock, but soon found the blame could be placed on my darling husband who borrowed my alarm clock to help him wake up this morning and he didn't reset it for me, so of course the alarm clock wouldn't have gone off. So me waking up late has just started my day off badly. I was 15 minutes late getting Malia to school, so she missed out on her first learning activity of the day. That's not so bad except that I feel like an incompetent mother bringing my daughter in to school late.
So then after dropping Malia off, Mason, Makai and I return home and I get the boys dressed and ready for the day. I was carrying Makai down the stairs to get breakfast and what should happen, but I slip and fall down not one, not two, but five stairs. I managed not to hurt Makai, just scare him a little, but in the process of protecting him my arms and butt took a beating. I now have a bruised tailbone and skinned up arms and elbows.
I figured that would be the last of my bad luck, boy was I wrong. I took the kids with me to a Primary meeting. While at the meeting one of the ladies daughter's who is 18 months kept trying to wrestle Makai and would lay on top of him, so he kept screaming and she kept crying because she was in trouble. Then the meeting went longer than planned and I ended up being 10 minutes late picking Malia up from preschool. Now I'm looking like a really good mom, huh?! Yep I've got all my marbles together. I'm sure her teacher just thinks I'm a ditz or something.
Well, I stopped for sandwiches on the way home, since I would probably injure myself more or burn the house down if I tried to make lunch. Malia decided she would actually share something with Makai and gave him her soda. He then proceeded to take the lid off and spill the sticky fluid all over my kitchen floor. Of course he tried to play in it, but was thwarted by my efforts to clean it up. I just don't know how much more I can take. Perhaps I'll go take a nap and pray the rest of the day is mellow.
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago











2 comments:
Wow, Charissa--what a day! You are definitely not even close to being an incompetent mom. At least you managed to drop her off, pick her up, and save your baby from injury--all today! I think that's pretty amazing for a day's work. I hope you have a much better day tomorrow.
wow Charissa that sounds like an awful day. I doubt Malai's teacher is thinking bad things about you. We all have those days when we have more than one child. Life happens :)
Post a Comment