Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Birthday Party

We had Makai's big birthday party with family and friends on Saturday. We had a lot of fun with all the excitement from the kids. Thank you to everyone who came and made it such a memorable event. After all you only turn 1 once! Here are some pictures from that eventful party:


The birthday boy!

Makai didn't quite get into opening his gifts so it was a free for all with all the kids helping him open his gifts. He loved looking at each one and seeing how they worked.




Aah...the pinata! It wouldn't be a party without the pinata. We normally do it outside but we ended up doing it inside since it was so dark outside. The kids loved breaking it open and finding all the goodies. The highlight was the glowsticks we had put inside.


And, what's a party without cake?! The theme of the party was safari so I made Makai a Giraffe cake. Yes I know it looks orange because I grabbed the wrong color from my cupboard. I did however correct part of it and that part still turned out orange using the right color so I guess it's a giraffe dressed up for Halloween. It's October, that works, right?!


Makai is definitely not like the other kids...he actually got into the cake. I didn't think he would so I only gave him a cupcake. He loved it! Watch the video and you'll see how much!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe he's 1 already! Looks like you guys had a great party. The cake is SO cute! You did a wonderful job on it! (And, had you not said anything, I would have thought that it was supposed to be orange.)

The Gould Family said...

Last time i checked giraffe's were suppose to orange... what color are they suppose to be?? i guess you were going for yellow? either way, i think it turned out perfectly!! how cute is that cake!! I'm going to have to step it up with my kids cakes... maybe take a class.
It looks like a wonderful 1st birthday party!!! I can't believe its been a whole year!!

Phelps Family said...

The directions for the cake called for a golden yellow...which ended up being a lighter orange color anyway!

Ashby said...

He is quite possibly the cutest little boy I've ever seen! Looks like you guys had a great little birthday party for him, and the cake is darling!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKAI!!!