Things have been so busy around here for our family I'm having a hard time keeping everyone updated. So, here's the update:
Mason and Malia are in swimming lessons again this month and will finish up next week. They have both improved dramatically and I'm sure by his last lesson Mason should be floating on his back without any help. Malia has gained a lot more confidence in the water and is allowing herself to do more in the water.
Makai is crawling more and more. He is very good at pulling himself to a stand position and will occasionally let go of whatever he is holding onto and stand on his own for a few seconds. He has also cut through one of his top teeth and loves to grind them. Yuck! He is actually 10 months today! Can you believe it. Time is just zooming by.
Speaking of time zooming on by, Mason is starting kindergarten next Wednesday. He is so excited. We have been trying to get in some of that last minute summer fun before he heads off to school. In just a matter of 4 weeks Malia will be joining the ranks of preschoolers everywhere by attending her first day of class. She is so excited and talks about having snacks at school.
Another accomplishment of Malia's is her desire to be a big girl and not wear pull-ups to bed. So she is wearing panties and only occasionally having an accident. Overall she is doing very well at staying dry through the night. I know by the end of the year she will be fully potty-trained and we'll have conquered that battle and be moving on to another one.
Thad has been spending a lot of extra hours at work preparing for a visit from the President of Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The visit went pretty well and I'm sure he is relieved to have that stress behind him.
As for me, I have been spending a lot of time at work. Thad and I have been working opposite schedules of each other and see each other in passing. Such is the life when you have young kids and need to work to provide for their needs. I have been pulling in extra hours to help out with a staffing crisis and hope that the crisis will be over soon and I can return to spending time with my family. In the meantime the money is nice.
As I posted in a previous post I have been thinking about selling Scentsy, a wickless candle. I had a party last week and after speaking with the consultant and seeing how much everyone likes the product, I have officially decided to join the Scentsy company as a consultant. I will start up in September. So if anyone wants to have a party or buy some product, please think of me!
That is about all for us right now. I'm sure there will be more updates like this as life is never dull around here.
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment