So today was not one of Makai's better days. It didn't start off bad until he dumped his cereal all over the floor. So when I finally got Maiya fed and asleep, I vacuumed the mess. Well, not 5 minutes later, he had spilled and crushed a snack bag of cheez-its all over where I had just vacuumed. So out came the vacuum again. Seeing that I was occupied, he went upstairs and proceeded to dump out the toy bins in his room. So then I found myself helping him pick up his room. If only it had all ended there...it didn't. While I was doing my hair he snuck into Thad's drawer and took his toothpaste. He then went into his bathroom and proceeded to paint the floor, rugs, countertop, and stepstool with the toothpaste. I did finally get a break while he was napping. Then the excitement continued when he woke up. While I was cooking dinner he decided he would like to see if a yogo fruit snack would fit up his nostril. Unfortunately 2 year-olds don't always understand the difference between breathing in and out, so instead of blowing his nose to try and expel the foreign body, Makai sniffed it in farther. So off to the urgent care we went. $20 and 2 1/2 hours later it was decided the yogo had most likely dissolved since the PA couldn't see it. So needless to say, this day was long and eventful and not one I want to repeat again any time soon.
4 comments:
Oh goodness, Charissa! Just what you want to deal with when you're exhausted from having a newborn, huh? I hope he has better days, too!
LOL! I am lauging because I often have days like this with Max. We haven't experienced objects up the nose yet.
I hope your days get better!
I hate those kinds of days, glad you survived it.
Oh I am so not looking forward to the day when Jaxon starts doing those things! Wyatt has yet to do anything wild and crazy, which makes me nervous because I think it is all just building up and waiting!
Hope you have better days this week!
Post a Comment