Friday, February 20, 2009

Maiya...

Maiya is now 2 almost 3 weeks old. She still sleeps a lot but has finally figured out days and nights. She will sleep for 3-4 hours at a time. What a blessing as I am not a nice mom when I haven't slept well! She eats really well and up until she got sick with a cold wasn't even a spitty baby. That's pretty much unheard of with our children, since the other 3 all suffered from reflux and were on medication by 2 months of age. We are hoping she's been spitting up because of the mucous and not from reflux. Only time will tell with this. She is loved by her brothers and sister. They even argued over who would get to take a bath with her the other night. LOL! Makai is always trying to "help" with her by getting her blankets when she's crying. Why not?! His blanket comforts him maybe a blanket will comfort her. Definitely a caring and compassionate boy when he wants to be. He gives her kisses on the forehead and loves when he gets to hold her. If we take her away before he's ready he tells us "no, no take baby." It's actually very cute. I don't really worry too much about what he might do to her on purpose, it's more what he might do to her on accident when he's being rambunctious.

Here are some of the many pictures we have taken over the past 2 weeks!



Maiya with Great Grandma Harris
Photobucket
This one is for Erika. She got her this cute newborn outfit that she can no longer wear. She was so big she fit into the newborn clothes for about 1 week and couldn't ever fit into newborn diapers comfortably.
Photobucket
First sponge bath
Photobucket
Loves getting her hair washed!
Photobucket
1 week old
Photobucket
First tub bath
Photobucket
2 weeks old
Photobucket
Photobucket

And as far as having 4 children goes, it doesn't really feel much different than having 3 children. The big difference is just having one more person to plan our lives around and take care of. Otherwise it's just the same old hectic lifestyle for us!

2 comments:

The Gould Family said...

awww, she's so sweet! she looks a lot like mason to me... though all your children look similar, so she does look like all of them, I just see a lot of Mason for some reason. I love her in her little headband!

The Shaffer's said...

Oh...I am so glad I got to see pics! I am such a slacker, Sorry. She is Beautiful! How are you doing? How is the adjustment to 4... anything like 3? Keep posting so I can keep up with you.