I know I haven't updated on my pregnancy in several months, so felt I should probably do that! We are now at the home stretch. I am nearly 33 weeks and baby is doing well, other than she is sitting on my bladder. I will be the first to admit this pregnancy has been a LOT harder than I had anticipated. After being sick for 4 months I got a slight reprieve from pregnancy symptoms for a month. Then at 20 weeks the back, hip, and pelvic pain set in. Certainly as my pregnancy has progressed and the baby grows the pain has gotten worse. I have difficulty walking, standing, or sitting for any length of time. I was placed on 4 hr work restrictions in November to see if sitting for less time at work would help with the pain I was experiencing while sitting in an uncomfortable chair for 8 hrs. It has helped some but I am definitely in more pain after working than at any other time. Why all the pain? The Dr's not quite sure but believes it's due to the hormones released during pregnancy that help soften ligaments and cartilage. That, and I'm carrying her low so there is more pressure in my pelvis from where she is sitting. It's definitely not fun but worth it in the end. We are certain this will be our last baby so instead of focusing on the ailments and struggles, I am trying to enjoy the best things of pregnancy, like the baby's movements and the kids' excitement and expectations for this new little one.
We have a tentative induction date of Feb 2nd if my body and the baby cooperates. Unfortunately for us, this baby is due during Thad's inventory so we're hoping to have her before he starts inventory at his store.
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago











2 comments:
Wow! Its getting closer and closer!!! Sorry to hear about the hardness of this pregnancy, hopefully the next few weeks pass quickly!
So sorry to hear that you are so miserable. I feel for you though-- literally! Mostly I am just tired and worn out all the time. And standing and walking for very long are not an option. I only leave the house to go to church and Dr appointments and even those about do me in. Good luck with the last few weeks. Hope all goes well. :)
Post a Comment