So, here's my vent for today! Thad is able to get us great medical benefits through Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but their vision plan leaves a LOT to be desired. We end up spending a lot out of pocket for eye exams, contacts, and Malia's glasses. Well, Thad needed some new contacts so he went in for an exam back in July. Yes, July. It took the insurance company 2 months to process our claim and reimburse us. So we turn around and take that money to buy him some contacts at the beginning of October. We submitted our claim right away not expecting to see the money for another 2 months. Well, it turns out they were a little faster processing this claim. I got my explanation of benefits in the mail today and find that they didn't cut us a check but sent it to Costco, where we bought the contacts. Um, hello, we wouldn't be sumbitting a claim if we hadn't already paid the provider. Besides, right on the receipt we copied and submitted it states that Costco does not accept reimbursements and the insurance should automatically forward it to the patient submitting the claim. So, I called the insurance company and of course they blame us stating that we must have signed to have it submitted to the provider-they didn't actually check to see what was on the claim. Well, you have to actually submit the provider info and sign to send it there, which we didn't. Of course this is the one time I forgot to photocopy the claim and have no clue if it was us or them. Either way the check was sent to Costco. I called Costco optical and they have not received the check. They will send the check back to the insurance company when they receive it and then of course more headache for me as I try to get them to send the reimbursement to the correct individuals. Aaaah! I feel like tearing my hair out! Why do they have to make everything so difficult?!
No comments:
Post a Comment