
Is 30 really over the hill? I'm not sure it is! I am 30 today and I don't really feel that old. I still feel like I'm on the uphill climb towards the peak. In some ways it doesn't feel like that much time has passed but when I reflect back on my life I marvel at all I have accomplished in my 30 years!
So, where do I start? Well, how about the beginning...my first memories I have of being a child are around age 3-4. I can remember time passing so slowly and wishing for that next birthday. I also remember enjoying time out in the sun and playing with friends. I loved riding my bike and remember taking a few nasty spills that left me with some raspberries in conspicuous places, like my nose. Ouch!
I remember moving homes and schools several times before finally settling down in a semi-permanent place. The teachers who influenced my life so much during these very impressionable years. I can recall first crushes and best friends. Do you remember the best friend necklaces where you got one half of a heart and your friend got the other? I remember learning how to play softball and falling in love with the game until knee problems put me out of commission.
I remember the vulnerable pre-teen years where you either fit in or don't. Somehow I survived my first year of middle school where as my older brother faced conflicts with bullies and moved to a different school, the bullies' attention then turned to me. I hit my rebellious years early and learned that my parents can tell when I'm lying, well most anyone can because I truly am a bad liar. I forged friendships here that have lasted through to my adult years. I never would have dreamed that I would be raising my children to be friends with my middle school friend's children.
Then came highschool where the things that happen in middle school don't matter so much. You tend to develop your talents and find out who you are and what you stand for. The best 2 years of highschool were my junior and senior years. Why is that? Well, I met and fell in love with my husband, Thad, during this time and I figured out what I wanted to be when I grow up, a nurse.
So after so many activities and first and second jobs and forging eternal bonds I flew the coop and went off to college. Idao State University was my choice. Unusual really considering I thought I would be going to BYU. It turns out the Lord had different plans for me and ISU was where I was supposed to be. I met my best girl friend my Freshman year while struggling with other friendships that were falling apart. She and I would room together the next 2 years and both helped out at each other's weddings. She lives 2 hrs away from me in Twin Falls, ID and you would think we'd get to see each other more but unfortunately our busy lives get in the way and we mostly just keep in touch via email and phone calls. Some day we (us and our spouses) will take some time to go on that cruise we've always been dreaming of doing together.
So after 4 quick years and a BS in Nursing it was time to move forward and Thad and I were married 2 short weeks after my graduation. Marrying this wonderful man was one of the best things I could have done! He is an amazing husband and father all while trying to balance church callings and a very time consuming job.
We settled in Utah where he was remodeling a house and going to school. Plans quickly changed as he settled into the breadwinner roll and school was put off. We enjoyed 2 years of married bliss and heartache before welcoming our first child, Mason, into our family and home. We continued to work on remodeling the house and when it was finished it was time to move. We both felt it was time to move back to Idaho near our families. So, we quickly sold our home and found jobs in Boise. Only to find out 2 months after moving that we were expecting our 2nd child, Malia. It soon was apparent why we needed to move, as the pregnancy was difficult due to illness and the full-time job I was working was very stressful.
We managed through and welcomed our beautiful daughter. A short year later we made yet another decision to sell our home and build. Unfortunately, hurricanes and the fast growing housing market had other plans and the price on our home grew to be too much before we had even started. We quickly looked for another home we could grow our family in. We found one and are still here. While here we have welcomed Makai and are now expecting a 4th. We are growing but still have plenty of room to stretch and move. We have experienced job changes and promotions as well as new business opportunities.
From all of these experiences and more I have learned the value of friendship, family, and education. Some of my greatest experiences are as wife and mother. I love watching my children learn and grow and lately it seems to be at a much faster rate. I enjoy watching them in their various activities and helping them through their ups and downs. And oh to be married to a wonderful man for 8 beautiful years! I look forward to so many more here in this life and eternity in the next.
So do I feel old? No, just wiser and more experienced. So, Happy 30th to me and hoping for so many more!











4 comments:
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a good one!
Happy Birthday!! You aren't old! My doctor even says so-- she was telling me how multiples are more common in older women and then made the comment that I was only 30so that didn't inlcude me.
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great 30th birthday!!!
Happy Belated Birthday!
I'm not old, just wiser and more experienced!-I like that!
Post a Comment