A few things have occurred today to make me sigh in relief.
First of all, I finally had the energy and motivation to go through Makai's closet and dresser. He desperately needed the smaller clothes removed and stored away and the bigger clothes that were in storage, washed and organized. This was mostly bothering me because fall is quickly approaching and I still didn't have a place for his new fall clothes, nor did I have enough clothes to keep him warm all fall/winter long. Also, Thad always dresses him in clothes that are way too small and mismatched and being a Type A person, that really bugs me. Personally, I think Thad gets a kick out of seeing my discomfort with this and purposely picks clothes that don't go together and are too small! Now if I could find some more of that energy and tackle my own closet!
Secondly, I have been worrying a little at not feeling this baby move yet. With Mason I didn't feel him move until around 20 weeks, but of course I wasn't an experienced mom and had no clue what I was supposed to be feeling. With Malia and Makai, I felt both of them move around 16-17 weeks. So yes, I was a bit bothered that I hadn't yet felt the stirrings of this little one. Well lo and behold, as I sat at work tonight I felt this little one flutter. Yay, relief! I know I shouldn't worry because I did just recently hear the heartbeat and see the baby on ultrasound but until you really start feeling that baby move you always wonder if everything is okay. To me movement is a sign that baby is still alive and kicking, literally!
Thirdly, the day has arrived that Malia finally goes back to preschool. She has been so excited and waiting somewhat patiently for this day. So tomorrow at 9 am she will be in preschool and I will have only 1 child to love and adore for 3 hrs. Oh the things I hope to accomplish! We'll see if it really happens!
So needless to say with a busy week/month ahead of me I am feeling some relief at the things that are happening. Ask me at the end of the month if I'm still feeling this way and I may have a different answer for you!
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago











1 comment:
I totally hear you on the whole baby moving thing and knowing they are okay. I was just telling my husband last night, as mine were dancing around, that I loved feeling them move because it was reassurance to me that they were okay. I'm sure once they get bigger and run out of room I won't enjoy it so much. :)
Post a Comment