Thad and I have been looking around at bunk beds for a little while, so we can put Mason and Makai in the same room. I have looked on Craigslist and at various stores trying to find the right ones for the right price. I am always wary of buying furniture especially with the kids in mind because I want it to be a quality purchase and something that will last for a very long time. We finally decided to go to Mor furniture where we have purchased furniture in the past. We like what we get but they always manage to mess up our order. So we took a chance. We found bunk beds and a dresser we liked and at a fairly decent price. They were on sale with another 10% off of that and we got a free mattress with it! Sweet! So we bought it. We weren't supposed to get them until the 4th of October but they came in early and were delivered yesterday.
Makai was totally enthralled/excited with his new big boy bed and just had to sleep on it last night. I wasn't sure I was ready for that, but he did wonderfully and slept through the night in his bed.

Here is a picture of the boys' new beds and a portion of their room. This room is really quite large as is the closet and makes sharing a room a little nicer. We are still working on the bedding and decor. We are currently taking the Spongebob border down and will replace that with white chair rail. So we still have some work ahead of us in getting the room just the way we want it and the boys' names on the walls in the right colors.

As for Malia we couldn't have her feeling left out, so we gave her Mason's old loft bed since he didn't need it and she was just on a metal bed frame with box springs and mattress. The bed actually opened things up in her room and allows for some storage underneath. We also removed the wall border in her room and will be putting up white chair rail. It's just easier since our kids seem to enjoy peeling their borders off the wall. She of course loves her new bed. We're not sure if we'll refinish the bed to match her antique white furniture or just leave it. I guess it depends on how ambitious we are.











No comments:
Post a Comment