That's what I would say to describe Malia. She is a very clumsy girl and gets hurt quite often. If there's trouble lurking she will find it. Usually it's nothing serious that a kiss and a hug and maybe a bandaid won't help. Well, this morning when she was getting dressed for preschool she injured herself yet again. She was trying to pull her shirt off the hanger and in the process she managed to flip the hanger off the closet rod and it hit her right in the eye. She immediately started crying and wouldn't open her eye so I could see what was wrong. After a little TLC she was feeling a little better and wanted to go to school.
So Thad dropped her off and let the teacher know she had a sore eye and if it became a problem she should call us. They didn't call us so we thought everything was fine. When I picked her up they had her waiting for me with a wet towel in hand over her eye. They said she was complaining about how much her eye hurt the entire 3 hours she was there. Why they didn't call I don't know. Also, by this time her eye was reddish purple and a little swollen. So off to the Drs we went. An hour later we found out she scratched her cornea. She is still hurting but is doing better with a little motrin and a nap. We now have to fight her to put antibiotic drops in her eye 4 times a day for the next seven days. Ugh!
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago











3 comments:
I am SO SORRY about the eye drops! We had to do those with Kallie a few weeks ago and it is SUCH a battle. And, that's not something you can make them take. Good luck with that! I hope she's cooperative!
There's no break for you guys is there. I hope she calms down and is easier to put the drops in for you. Poor thing.
ugh!! that doesn't sound like fun at all. poor little thing.
Post a Comment