Does anybody really do this? As we were waiting for Thad in the Bed Bath and Beyond parking lot so he could take over caring for the kids and I could go to work, Malia told me she wanted to come to work with me. First of all, I can't see why anyone would think going to work would be fun, I mean my job's not all that bad but it is work. Then I realized that she was missing me because I have been working a lot and she figured if she came with me she would get to spend more time with me. Smart girl! I did convince her that it wouldn't be any fun and that mommy would be too busy working to have fun with her. So she went home with Thad and of course was able to watch a movie, eat popcorn, and drink slushies. Man I'm really bummed I had to work and missed out on all the fun! Aah what it would be like to be a kid again and to really enjoy life!
1 comment:
...and the thing is you don't realize how good you have it when you're a kid/teenager. I was always waiting to "grow up", I wish I just didn't think about growing up so fast and just stayed a kid a little longer. I think around 12 I started to wan to be a grown up already.
It is nice though to have children of our own now and we can have those moments in the day where we truly get to "be a kid again" when we're playing and being silly w/ our kids.
Post a Comment