Yep, Malia has it! As a middle child myself I make sure Malia gets a lot of attention and she does especially when Mason is in school and Makai is asleep. So, why is it that she has to have all the attention all of the time? Recently she has decided that the grass is greener on the other side. That what everyone else has is better than what she has even if it's the same or less.
For instance today at lunch I gave an old sippee to Makai with some milk in it to see if he would drink it. Malia was drinking out of the cool Mickey sippee that she wanted. Well, Mickey wasn't good enough after she saw what Makai got. I told her it was Makai's drink and she got Mickey. I then went into the other room to fold laundry. All of a sudden I hear, "uh-oh, Makai through it on the floor." I thought she was talking about the sippee. I walk in and there's cheetos thrown all over the floor. She must have thought I was stupid or clueless, because I didn't leave Makai with any cheetos on his highchair tray, so it coudn't have been him. It was her throwing them all over the floor trying to get him in trouble. So we picked them up and I went back to folding laundry. When I finished and came back into the kitchen to clean up lunch she purposely knocked her yogurt on the floor and it went everywhere. Well, she got my attention, just not the kind of attention she really wanted.
So why is that no matter how much attention I give her, positive and negative, it never is enough? Boy how unexciting life would be without my drama-queen/troublemaker!
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago











2 comments:
haha... i don't think its middle child syndrome... just big sister syndrome... ryley does it too and she's the oldest! whatever jackson has, she wants too! I could give her the coolest toy ever that she's wanted to play with all day long, but as soon as she sees jackson playing with some other toy, she immediately has to have it and sometimes she'll go to get lengths to try to get it (ie- push her brother over.... SOOO annoying!)
I was going to say the same thing as Ashley! Brooklyn has been suffering from it BAD this week. You are definitely not alone!!!
Post a Comment