Tuesday, July 31, 2007

School!

Well, summer seems to be cruising on by at light speed and school starts for Mason in less than a month's time. I can't believe my little boy is old enough to be starting kindergarten. I know it's been long enough for me to remember only vaguely what it was like holding him in my arms as a little baby but still...the time has flown by. He is so excited to start and I've been helping him to maintain that excitement by getting his school shopping done. He was so happy to pick out his new shoes yesterday and to be shopping for some new clothes.

And just so Malia doesn't feel left out on all the back to school fun, she too has gotten some new shoes and clothes. She will be starting preschool this fall and is so excited to finally get to do something like her big brother. And as for me, as sad as it is to see my kids branch out and leave me for short periods of time, I will be enjoying some one on one time with Makai. Who knows I may actually keep up with my housework. One could only hope.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow! I can't imagine what that's going to be like in a few years. I hope the preparations continue to go well!