Wednesday, August 6, 2008

13 week appointment

At last! Somehow I have made it into the 2nd trimester. Thank goodness it has gone fast but unfortunately that little milestone has not had the results I would have hoped for. Yep, I am still sick and very much so at night which makes it difficult to want to go to work in the evenings. I am on medication and it helps a little. I am just hoping and praying it subsides within the next few weeks.

So onto my appointment I had today. I had a moment of deja vu' only this time instead of just Thad and I being there, we also had our 3 children there. How heartstopping it was when the Dr couldn't find the heartbeat. The only reason this is a concern to us is because before we were blessed with Mason or Malia or Makai we had a pregnancy where it seemed that things were going well and then at our 12 week appointment the Dr couldn't find the heartbeat. 2 dopplers and an ultrasound later we had discovered that there was no heartbeat and it looked like I was in the process of losing the baby. 4 heartwrenching weeks later I underwent a procedure to clean out my uterus as I never did actually miscarry. The silver lining in all of this is that we grew closer as a couple and we consider our children a blessing. We know through that experience that anything can and does go wrong. When we had Mason it was definitely bittersweet as we mourned the loss of the child we never got to know but were able to finally hold our sweet red-headed boy in our arms. So back to today, we were finally blessed to hear the heartbeat as our baby was hiding in the back of my uterus. Aah relief! I knew I couldn't be so sick for nothing!

So aside from losing 2 more lbs everything else went well. My Dr actually told me I was boring since my pregnancies are uneventful, thank goodness. We have an appointment in 4 weeks to see the NP and she's hoping at that time to do an ultrasound and possibly find out what we are having before we even have our big ultrasound. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime please pray that this sickness lets up. I really need some energy to get Mason ready for school, which starts in 2 weeks, and to get ready for a busy fall with Scentsy.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. I had awful morning sickness (that lasted from morning to night) with Tralee. It finally subsided around 16 weeks. Hopefully yours will end soon as well. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Amanda said...

I'm sorry you're still sick! With both of mine I was sick until about 20 weeks. I hope it subsides soon for you!

The Gould Family said...

I"m glad you were able to hear the heartbeat, the same thing happened to us w/ this pregnancy- it was a terrible few minutes waiting to have the u/s done to see if everything was okay, also like you I had the hope though b/c of how sick I was! I hope you're sickness subsides within the next few weeks and you'll be able to get all your stuff done!
Can't wait to hear how the next appt. goes. I'm thinking its a girl!

The Gould Family said...

oh and i love the new layout... it totally reminds me of my kids bedroom/bedding. Its so cute!

Andrea said...

I hope your sickness ends soon!! What a relief to hear a heartbeat!