Sunday, May 18, 2008

Imagination!

I don't know about you but when I was a kid I was always making up stuff to play with. We made houses out of leaves, played school with stuffed animals, and the list goes on. Well, the other day I was getting dinner ready and it was so nice I had the kids go outside to play.


Before I really get into the story I need to give a little background. Thad holds a calling in the Stake Young Men's Presidency and they are currently working on getting walking sticks ready for their Helaman's Academy they're doing next month. I guess the young men will be using the sticks on a hike or something. Anyways, the sticks happen to be here along the side of our house.


While I was making dinner I kept peeking out the window to see what the kids were up to. I saw Malia and Makai coming around the corner of the house carrying these wood sticks and some other wood scraps. I went outside to ask them what they were doing and Malia simply stated, "We're building a house." Of course it wasn't very big and looked like the size of a bed more than a house, but it was a house to them.







So I told Thad he needed to see what his children were up to and he ended up joining them and built a teepee for them out of the sticks and an old blanket. The kids loved it!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love those impromptu family activities! Looks like they had a great time!