Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sad but relieved...

So today I learned I have been released from my calling in the Primary Presidency. We have been out of town for the last week enjoying the warm sunshine and meeting our Disney friends, so I was a bit surprised when I found out today that I was released from my calling last Sunday. It is not much of a surprise considering the Primary President I was serving with was moving and of the 4 of us in the presidency I was the only one not pregnant. I guess it surprised me how quickly it came. So I am sad because I love working with the children in the ward and have only been in this calling for 5 months. But I am also feeling a bit of a relief in not having that burden on my shoulders anymore. I am officially turning my stuff into the new Primary President tomorrow and will be able to attend Sunday School and Relief Society for the first time in years.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they call me to do next...

1 comment:

The Gould Family said...

It is sad to be released from a calling you enjoyed so much, and I bet you were great at it. I wish I could have a calling for just 5 months at a time though. The way my ward works, you keep the same calling until you move out, since its a high turnover rate ward, people constantly in and out... well that would be fine if we didn't live here for over 3 years now! Calling 20 girls a couple times a month to see if they did their VTing gets old after about 3 years (did i mention I've had this calling in three other wards prior! lol.) ;0) Its alright, I'd much rather do this than have to talk in front of a big group of people thats for sure!
Can't wait to hear what they call you to next!!