When did life get so crazy that we stopped noticing the little things around us? I was reminded of this when I took Malia for a little bike ride around the neighborhood. I was delivering some goodies to some ladies from church and she wanted to ride her bike while I pushed Makai in the stroller. The little excursion took much longer than it could have but it was worth it to see the excitement in her eyes. She was so proud of herself for pedaling the whole way. It was so cute to walk behind her and see her skirt billowing in the breeze. She would stop and examine the flowers and dandelions in the neighbor's yards. How intrigued she was with watching the seeds blow in the wind. When did we grow too old and too busy to notice the little wonders of the world around us?
I remember being young and feeling like time was moving so slow. But that was a time when there wasn't much to worry about except who you were going to play with or which popsicle you wanted to eat. Life as an adult moves far too quickly and there's not much enjoyment in the daily routine.
I was taught by my daughter today to slow down and pay attention to my world. To view the world through a child's eyes. To stop and blow the dandelions.
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago











1 comment:
Charissa, you are SO right. I've been wondering where the thrill of being an adult has gone? Maybe it's just all buried under all of the responsibilities? I'm so glad that you had a wonderful walk with your kids!
Post a Comment